Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dazed (1996, 13 years ago!)






















That last post on indie discos reminded me of the DAZED days. Dazed was an indie night in Dublin run by two of my housemates (Liam & Biggley). I did their artwork. We did plenty of Letraset/Scalpel/Prit-Stick work but the poster on top here is when I got access to a Mac on a local newspaper and we went digital. It was 1996. I have books full of print outs and notes. The note attached to this poster reads "Entire document re-built on the Performa 400 and lo+behold it works! Have to do to the MacII what i did to the P400. Only problem is I DON'T KNOW HOW I DID IT" and "Justification is rubbish". Great days.
The lads got brave and added a second Dazed night (the Dazed Weekender) that year and pictured here are poster and flyers for their May live line-up. Crap poster but interesting to see the number of bands still going, 1, maybe 2.